Sports Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor Now Accepting Nominations for the 2021 Class
(Dobson, N.C.) – Nominations for the 2021 class of the Surry County Sports Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor are now open and will be accepted through Sept. 13 at 5 p.m.
There are two ways to nominate individuals, teams or organizations:
- Hall of Fame nominations recognize individuals for outstanding achievements in the field of athletics as a player, coach or administrator.
- Ring of Honor nominations recognize individuals, teams, corporations/companies or organizations that have made a significant impact on sports through contributions in the field of athletics.
Nominations will be accepted at the Surry County Parks and Recreation Department, 122 Hamby Road, Dobson, NC 27017 (Central Permitting Building). Nomination forms can be found:
- On the Surry County Parks and Recreation website at co.surry.nc.us by scrolling over “Departments” at the top of the page and selecting “Parks and Recreation”
- At the Surry County Parks and Recreation Department
- By contacting a member of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Hall of Fame Committee members are Paige Badgett, Dr. Myra Cox, Donald Davis, Dave Diamont, Ronnie Eaton, Lin Hamilton, Rodney King, John Lawson, Darren Lewis, Adam McComb, Scott Reynolds, Tony Searcy, Robert Smith and Jim Wilmoth.
To find out more about the criteria for nominations and the Surry County Sports Hall of Fame, please contact the Director of Surry County Parks and Recreation, Daniel White, at (336) 401-8235.
Date: July 20, 2021