County Sports Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor Accepting Nominations
Nominations for the 2020 class of the Surry County Sports Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor are now open and will be accepted through 5:00 p.m., September 14, 2020.
There are two ways to nominate individuals, teams or organizations:
- Hall of Fame nominations recognize individuals for outstanding achievements in the field of athletics as a player, coach or administrator.
- Ring of Honor nominations recognize individuals, teams, corporations/companies or organizations that have made a significant impact on sports through contributions in the field of athletics.
Nominations will be accepted at the Surry County Parks and Recreation Department, 122 Hamby Rd. Dobson 27017 (Central Permitting Building). Nomination forms can be found:
- On the Surry County Parks and Recreation website at http://www.co.surry.nc.us/ >Parks and Recreation
- The Surry County Parks and Recreation Department
- By contacting a member of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Hall of Fame Committee members are Paige Badgett, Myra Cox, Donald Davis, Dave Diamont, Ronnie Eaton, Lin Hamilton, Rodney King, John Lawson, Darren Lewis, Adam McComb, Scott Reynolds, Tony Searcy, Robert Smith, Eddie Wilmoth, and Jim Wilmoth.
To find out more about the criteria for nominations and the Surry County Sports Hall of Fame, please contact the director of Surry County Parks and Recreation, Daniel White, at (336) 401-8235.
# # #