How to Stay Safe
Practice every day preventative actions now:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
• Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Wear cloth face coverings when around others.
• Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
• Engage in safe family activities.
Create a household plan of action for COVID-19:
• Talk with people who need to be included in your plan.
• Plan ways to care for those who might be at greater risk for serious complications.
• Identify aid organizations in your community.
• Create an emergency contact list.
• Choose a room and bathroom in your home that can be used to separate sick household members from those who are healthy.
• Plan for potential work and school schedule changes.
Be prepared for COVID-19 in your community:
• Stay informed about the local COVID-19 situation.
• Stay in touch with others by phone or email.
• Keep a few extra provisions at your home so you do not run out of essentials.
• Watch for symptoms.
To stay up-to-date on COVID-19 in North Carolina and to learn more, visit ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus or text COVIDNC to 898211. Call 2-1-1 (or 888-892-1162) for general questions or for help finding human services resources in your community.