Request email notification when page changes Email Me E-Notify

Out of County Birth Certificate

To request a copy of a birth certificate occurring in North Carolina but outside of Surry County, please print and complete the "Out of County Birth" application which can be found under "Forms", "Vital Records" and present in office along with valid identification such as state driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification card.  We cannot process your request without proper identification.

This service is for births from 1971 to present and this service is NOT available on-line.  The processing fee is $24.00 and can be paid by cash, debit or credit card, or in-state check.