Full Document E-Recording
Dear Valued Customers and Citizens,
We are extremely pleased here in the Surry County Register of deeds office to be expanding our Electronic Filings opportunities to include all document types.
Electronic recording permits documents to be prepared, signed and transmitted in
Electronic format, and electronically recorded documents shall be considered the “original” record of the transaction with the same intended legal effect as paper documents and, if any such document bears a digital or electronic signature, it shall be considered the same as paper documents bearing ink signatures. Electronic documents, compliant with state and federal e-sign legislation are acceptable for electronic recording.
We hope you will consider taking advantage of the convenience this filing method offers …Of course we always look forward to seeing you in the office and our traditional walk-in recording method will continue unchanged. I am still very proud to be offering this level of service and I will continue to look at other ways to enhance customer service.
Here are a few benefits of taking advantage of E-recording:
- Green Environment – Eliminating the need for so much paper, saving trees.
- Save time and money – Speeds up processing time on each end.
- Increase Document Security – filing electronically
- Streamline Operations – Increase staff productivity by eliminate paper handling
Here is a list of the companies that our office is currently accepting E-Recordings from and you may contact them for your E recording needs.
1. Simplifile – www.simplifile.com, (800) 460-5657
2. Corporation Service Company AKA CSC - email@example.com, 1-855-200-1150, Option 3
More Info: https://www.erecording.com/
COVID-19 Resource Center for Customers: https://www.cscglobal.com/cscglobal/home/covid-19/