Welcome to the Surry County Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) website! WIC is a federal program designed to provide food for income eligible:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women with an infant less than 12-month-old.
- Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
- Infants (0-12 months old)
- Children (1-5 years old)
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you or your child must:
1. Meet WIC income guidelines:
- Even if you have a job, you may be eligible. Check the online WIC Prescreening Tool for income guidelines.
- If you are on Medicaid, Work First Family Assistance, or receive Food Stamps, you meet income guidelines.
2. Have a health risk factor based on:
- Height and weight measurements
- Blood test for low iron
- Health history
- Diet history