Please proceed to complete your application for a Marriage License.
By using this online application process, the time you will have to spend at the Surry County Register of Deeds office will be reduced. After you have submitted the application online, both the bride and groom must appear in person at the Surry County Register of Deeds office to complete the application process. When you appear in person, you will need to bring the following items with you:
- $61.00, We accept Debit and Credit cards.
- Valid driver’s license or photo ID for both applicants - State Issued ID, Passport, Military ID
- Certified copies of birth certificates for both applicants, if under 18
- You must know your Social Security number.
- Divorce information - Copy of final divorce decree. If the divorce is from another country, the document will need to be translated to English by a certified translator.
- If foreign born - certificate must be translated in English and certified with a valid ID
- Marriage license is good for 60 days.
- Please provide the name and phone number of the officiant (ordained minister or magistrate).