Where to Apply for Permits

Building Permits

Surry County Central Permitting Office (336)401-8300
122 Hamby Road  
Dobson, NC 27017  

Zoning Permit

City of Mount Airy, Zoning Office (336) 786-3520
Town of Elkin, Planning Department (336)794-6464
Town of Dobson, Zoning Office (336)356-8962
Town of Pilot Mountain, Manager's Office (336)368-2248
Surry County Development Service Office (336)401-8300

Sanitation Permit

Surry County Environmental Health Department (336)401-8300
112 Hamby Road  
Dobson, NC 27017  

Mobile Home Moving Permit

Surry County Tax Office (336)401-8102
915 East Atkins Street  
Dobson, NC 27017  

Fire Protection Permits

Surry County Fire Marshal (336)783-9040
Mount Airy Fire Chief (336)786-3570
Elkin Fire Chief (336)794-6481