Welcome to the Surry County Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) website! WIC is a federal program designed to provide food for income eligible:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women with an infant less than 12-month-old.
- Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
- Infants (0-12 months old)
- Children (1-5 years old)
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you or your child must:
1. Meet WIC income guidelines:
- Even if you have a job, you may be eligible. Check the online WIC Prescreening Tool for income guidelines.
- If you are on Medicaid, Work First Family Assistance, or receive Food Stamps, you meet income guidelines.
2. Have a health risk factor based on:
- Height and weight measurements
- Blood test for low iron
- Health history
- Diet history
When can I schedule an appointment and what do I need to bring?
What happens if I run out of food or formula?
What if my vouchers have been lost, damaged, or stolen?
What if I can't keep my appointment?
What if I am moving?
I am breastfeeding; what services does WIC provide?
What kind of nutrition advice does the WIC Program give?
Where are you located?
Click Here to Learn about Foods You May Receive