Military & Overseas Voters

UMOVA  (Uniform Military & Overseas Voters Act)

A federal law providing voting assistance to any citizen (specifically Surry County, NC) who is currently in active or reserve service with the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or the National Guard, state militia units, or Coast Guard of the United States; any Merchant Marine, commissioned corps of the Public Health Service or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States; and also covers any spouse or dependent of the uniformed service member.  This act also provides voting assistance for any citizen who is absent from the country for any election.  Click here for the current election notice for applicable deadlines.

Click here for the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website to begin the brief process for completing the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form on-line.  You may also click the form below to print, complete, and attach the form via email to our office at for processing.  Additional materials such as videos and fact sheets are available at as well for your review; click this link for a video that explains how to vote while you're away from home .

Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) - fillable form

In lieu of requesting a full absentee ballot with all offices for which you are eligible to vote, you may also submit a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot to vote for specific candidates by typing in their names; this form can be downloaded below and emailed to us, or the on-line version may also be accessed at the same website above.